add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus B450-F gaming led code for DRAM at boot

TShaw13
  • 1 month ago

So I have an asus b450-f gaming mobo that I recently had "repaired" under warranty due to failed onboard audio. Of course their fix is to send a different refurbished mobo with my serial number.

Problem is now when it boots up it gets hung up on led code for dram, how do I fix this? Or is this "refurbished" board just broken as well?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Try one ram stick only (if you have 2 or more stocks) and try all of the slots.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Does the DRAM led apply to the normal ram though? And it isn't an issue with the ram as it was working with the previously replaced mobo. Would this determine if one of the ram slots has an issue? I ran win10 ram test thingy and it checked out fine.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes RAM is really finicky with how it is put in (at least for me) and doesn’t like to boot until I try only one stick. It could be that one of the RAM slots is broken, since ASUS sent a refurb board. I would try the one stick method first.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Alright I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You are a genius haha booted with one stick in the outside slot, slow. booted with one in the 3rd slot (what the manual shows for one stick) booted fine. Popped the other stick back in and fine. Will do a shut down and restart test now and update if not fixed. But you may have just solved it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube