add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP. STREAMING>?

Reap3RSoulz
  • 4 months ago

I am a long time computer builder and gamer. I am 23 and have built 10+ builds for friends/family. I want to start streaming full time and transition into that world.

I have a i7-7700k and a 1080, i have 100 Down/10 up internet. 32 GB of Ram, 1 TB HDD, 6TB SSD. I do downsize the stream, i have a 2k monitor but downsize to 720. I have multiple friends who stream with MUCH WORSE equipment AND internet, but can successfully stream @ 1080p/30 fps. But i can't even get 720p to stream clean. I have tried x264 AND NVENC. Neither work, and often when playing games my stream gets problems encoding and loses frames, therefore making the stream for viewers either choppy and pix-elated.

You have ANY idea what might be causing this?

Secondly, I am going to start a new build to the new times and updated cards. I have never used a AMD Cpu, always intel, but the new gens are very intriguing. I figure to stream full time at 1080p/60fps, im going to look into a Ryzen 3900x and a 2080TI. Surely there would NO REASON i couldn't stream smoothly with that setup right?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I've looked into this myself and you should check out Harris Heller on twitch or his YouTube channel alpha gaming. He does all things streaming, equipment settings and such hth

https://youtu.be/ryhyTgaN248

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube