add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

550w PSU adequate?

TenFootMonster
  • 71 months ago

I think I figured it out. User error. Ignore post.

Dear Helpful PCPartsPicker Community, I am planning on building the following build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TenFootMonster/saved/4i5X I got the Seasonic 550 watt PSU based on the estimated wattage needs given on the site. However, I just looked on the Extreme Power Supply calculator site located here http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and it is saying I need a larger PSU, something on the order of 650 or more. Is 550 enough? I hope it is, because I have already bought the components and installed the PSU today. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, TenFootMonster

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I should have added that I don't plan to OC the CPU, but I may need to down the road when it's older to wring more performance out of it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

? Not sure how you used that calculator but I ended up well under 500W, even factoring in six USB devices, six 120mm fans, 30% capacitor aging...

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I did it again and got 500 too. I must have done something wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks to both of you for the input.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube