add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do you like my build? If I upgraded, what should I upgrade?

theBlueHero
  • 2 months ago

What do you think of my build? Do you think I should upgrade? If so, what should I upgrade first?

My Build

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say upgrade your video card. Most games don't take advantage of more cores (that is changing). If you look into used cards you can probably get a decent upgrade for about what you paid for your original card. I got a used 1070 in my system for $237 about 2 years ago. 1660 super is also a good choice.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphics-Windforce-Gv-N166SOC-6GD/dp/B07YYZGM51/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=1660+super&qid=1579721722&sr=8-5

If you do upgrade your CPU a 3600 will be a nice bump and serve you well for a few years.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, so which should I upgrade first, the CPU to a 3600, or the GPU to the 1660?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

3600, then a 1660S. or whatever is the X60 GPU then.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with the GPU first. That will have the bigger gains in game. What one to get depends on your budget. Once you know your price, pick a few models, and watch some reviews to help you pick the best one. Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus tend to do very thorough reviews.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube