- 73 months ago
Hi, as the title suggests this week I bought an Asus Maximus Hero VI and now today just saw that they're releasing the VII within a week and apparently will be the same price point, however I paid slightly less on sale. So question is do I send it back and wait for the new one? Price wise it'll be a difference of about £30 to me to get the new one (if suggested price is correct) as got the Hero VI for £132.98 (inc delivery) from Yoyotech who have dropped the Z87 boards by £20 at the moment (£128.99). I'll probably make no use of the extra features but maybe best just to futureproof now right? I'm not building my PC yet as just in the process of getting the parts and money together. Oh and I've also bought an i5 4670k CPU so not going to be buying the latest Intel chip so would I just be better off sticking with what I've got and putting the money elsewhere?