add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Critical - Help Needed: Acer Aspire V5-571 No UEFI/Legacy Boot Menu or Secure Boot option

bbjlfvr
  • 3 months ago

I am trying to clean install Win 10 on Acer V5-751 but whenever I come to 'Windows Setup' Drive allocation - format, delete, new section it says 'Windows can't be installed on this drive - The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks'.

I figured it was due to BIOS being in UEFI mode, so I have tried to change it to Legacy and disable 'Secure Boot' like on other laptops/bios. But unfortunately, I cannot find UEFI/Legacy Boot menu or Secure Boot disable/enable options on Boot tab of this specific Acer laptop. But only see Boot priority order sub-menu.

So I googled, youtubed everything I enable that option. Most suggestions say I have to set a Supervisor password on Security tab which I did and hit F10 to save and restart back to BIOS and it would show. But it didn't Also I have already enabled F12 Boot menu option in Main tab. Also I have used Rufus to create both GPT and MBR bootable usb flash win 10 but both doesnt work. Thus I have no idea how to install Windows 10. Please see attached photos and advice me how to make this work. Thank you, much appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/DhUBm3x

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you trying to wipe the hard drive and partition? Normally it would be best to delete any existing partition and then let Windows do what it wants to do. Naturally by now you should have already saved anything on that drive that you want to save.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

In that menu call the cmd prompt window with shift+F10, and use diskpart to change to the drive to GPO. Follow these steps.

Open the diskpart tool: diskpart

Identify the drive to reformat: list disk

Select the drive, and reformat it:

select disk <disk number>

clean

convert gpt

exit

Close the command prompt window, and continue the Windows Setup installation.

Hope it helps

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube