add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to install a new motherboard?

mzimmerman23
  • 73 months ago

I'm looking to "upgrade" my system from a AMD 6350 to a new Devil's Canyon processor coming out soon. I'm just wondering what the easy way to do this is. The problem is that I'm wanting to keep my hard drive and OS intact. (I'm running windows 8 professional) If I uninstall all the old motherboard drivers & whatnot; will the new motherboard be recognized? Can anyone post a link of a good step by step guide they've tried? Like I said, I would rather not do a clean install; maybe creating a backup of some sort and then reinstalling that, IDK? Thanks, any input is appreciated!

*Edit: Apparently windows 8 will recognize the new motherboard automatically and let me install the new drivers easily... I hope! I'll create a backup incase it doesn't.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

A backup should work but it would have to be a personal files one if anything. I would create a thumb drive with your programs on it and then do a clean I install that way. If it's games your worried about.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

What I'm worried about is a bunch of programs I've downloaded onto my SSD. My hard drive has all my games. Could I easily install them onto my HD, then reinstall them onto the SSD?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You would need the installation file but yes sure

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You might want to look into a drive just for your games and other large files that way you don't have top download everything again.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube