add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan placement and fan reccomendations for Fractal R4 (windowed version)

Ryanml00

68 months ago

I just bought the R4 and have been thinking about fan placement and wonder which fans to get! I was thinking Noctua NF-P14 FLX (x3) to replace the case fans, (rear being exhaust and 2x front being intake) Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition(x2) (1 top back side as exhaust) and the other in bottom as intake. WOuld this bee a good flow setup for the case?

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

That'll work fine. You don't really need that many fans though

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking the same, but wasn't too sure. i was thinking of just doing 3fans, 2 in front and one in the back as i wont be overclocking for now till i fill comfortable, but i wanted the extra fans because i tend to game 8-10hrs when im not working and at home.So i wanted to make sure my GPU was gettind decent flow to stay cool.

edit: also forgot my cpu cooler will have a fan as well so i may just do 3

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

3 will work just fine too. I'd actually get 3 or 4 personally.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

now obviously 3x 140mm would suffice but if I did 2x 140mm as intake and two 120mm as exhaust would that mess with flow seeing as one is pulling in more air obvisouly

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

There's no problem with that at all. Positive pressure is actually helpful for keeping out dust

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't buy noctua fans, or corsair fans for that matter. Do you plan to keep the hdd cages up front in place? If so your focus should be on static pressure fans, not airflow fans. You'd want something that can push air through obstructions. For that I'd go with noiseblocker eloops, gentle typhoons, or grand flex from scythe. The phanteks fans would also do well there. If you aren't going to have those bays in the way, then something like the noiseblocker multiframes or blacksilentpros or the thermalright fdbs would be a good option. Your airflow setup though is very good. If you're using a clc on your system you could also test switching the back fan to intake for the clc (assuming it is mounted up top)

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll look into the fans you said, as far as the hdd cage is concerned. I will more then likely take it out seeing ias I have 3TB HD external already as well as having a 1tb HD internal. Though. I will continue looking and seeing what fits bet. I am trying to keep a red/black color scheme but i may have to bit the bullet with the fans!! And i will not be having a CLC on the system. i purchased the coolmaster sleeve bearing heatsink

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to keep a red and black color scheme, the phanteks fans have a red version I believe, and aquatuning.us sells the eloops (under the phobya name) with red blades.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

nice website! thank you for resource!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Are the cougar fans and good?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube