add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How many fans can you plug into this motherboard? Please reply

Firearm2112
  • 74 months ago

How many fans can you plug into the Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard? You know, like case fans.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

1 x CPU fan connectors for smart DC/PWM mode control 1 x CPU optional fan connector 3 x Chassis fan connectors

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

So thats connectors for 3 case fans, correct? And is this some sort of adapter that lets you connect say 4 case fans? And will this fan work with that motherboard? I already know it will fit in the case https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050003ww And thanks for the quick reply!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep there's 3 case fans headers, but you theoretically could use the optional CPU fan header. And yes, there are fan splitters on the market, I think the highest is 8 way. And yes that fan will work

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep although that's only 2 way. There's also powered splitters, once you get into more than that. Since each motherboard header is only 1 amp if I remember correctly, some splitters have a molex connector to run the fans off of.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks for your help. I ended up going with these as gpu coolers on the case. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RESG7G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You may want to consider the replacement to the MAXIMUS VI HERO with the new MAXIMUS VII HERO.

It adds an additional fan header for a total of 6 ( 2 CPU ) and 4 CHA. In addition new for this generation is PWM output so you can put a PWM splitter on any header to extend more fans but have them be controlled by the motherboard. In addition you can map the temperature input of each header to different locations outside of just the CPU. Overall the fan controls and connectivity were excellent on Z87 but for Z97 they are really awesome especially if you have a focus on having the most flexibility in how to setup and control your fans.

Hope this helps.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

I just checked out the board, and it has some very nice features. Diffidently getting that!

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome glad i could help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube