add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ITX- Air or Liquid?

MainManMilez

69 months ago

I've always thought liquid is better, because there's not a lot of room for airflow in say, a Prodigy. Then I talked to some people and they suggested air, because of the close proximity of the cpu cooler to the exhaust fan, blowing it right out of the case. If I go liquid I'd want something relatively inexpensive, but also something that will allow my 3770k to run at 4.2-4.5. I'm running it @ 4.2 right now with a 212 Evo, and that works well. My current build is in a Zalman Z11 and I want to transfer to an ITX case. (Yes, I'll have to replace a few things, but I'm prepared.) Also, if you don't mind, answer me this: Corsair 250D, EVGA Hadron, or BitFenix Prodigy?

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

The prodigy is a pretty massive itx case with a lot of room for airflow, so a large aircooler is usually a better option then an aio, but in small cases like the ft03 mini with limited airflow and space for a cooler, a 120-140mm aio is a better option.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

As much as I love the look of the prodigy I'd say the 250D is probably a bit better. The HDD/SSD brackets mounted next to the psu free up some room for airflow behind the front intake fan, and the case actually sits on real feet instead of the pliable handles of the prodigy so it's a bit more stable. Either one of these WILL support a 240mm aio liquid cooler in any case.

I adore the idea of the Hadron Air, but they screwed up a little bit imo. They included a window on the build but the preinstalled psu has ghastly looking cables and is non-modular, and the interior is not painted iirc. Also it does bug me a bit that it doesn't sit flat, and I don't care for the piano gloss finish on the front which just means dust and fingerprints will show up very easily. Speaking of dust there are no dust filters and really no conventional intake options to speak of unless you use the top fan spots for intake.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow that's a lot of deleted comments.....

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube