add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I put my os on a my 1 tb m.2 drive.

Horizon26
  • 2 months ago

I going with windows 10 home, my build should have a 2tb HDD and a 1 TB m.2 which should I put the os on

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

General practise is to install OS into a SSD.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would probably put the OS on the m.2 drive. It should be an SSD, so it should be much faster than the hard drive for booting and program loading. The exception would be if you didn't care about boot and program load times and you needed as much SSD space as possible and couldn't spare the space for Windows or buy more SSDs, but that would be such a niche use case I highly doubt that would be your case (and you likely wouldn't be asking the question in that case).

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Install it on the fastest storage device, so the M.2 SSD.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "Software > Operating Systems".

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I'm sorry thank you for moving it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube