add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Only my HDMI works

Willwhitacre
  • 11 days ago

I have gotten 2 cards now. Same kind from amazon. On both of them only the HDMI would display a pic. The Motherboard HDMI doesn't even work only the GPU. I have 3 screens and they all work but only with the GPU HDMI. Ive checked for windows updates and software updates. Everything checks out. This is my 2nd pc. Never had this problem before. I did however buy a 4$ windows key from ebay... Bc I lost my old key and I dont want to pay 130$ for a new one. Could that possible be the problem? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x7WMXv

Comments

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

Is it an issue with the GPU Drivers, maybe they need an update?

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

I have the Radeon software and it says everything is up to date?

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard HDMI connector will not work with your chosen CPU. The Ryzen 7 3700 CPU does not contain an integrated GPU so the MB HDMI is not connected to anything and will never work in this system.

I doubt the bootleg Windows key will cause this problem. It is more likely due to a device driver conflict or compatibility problem. Go to the AMD Radeon GPU driver Website and search there for the latest driver available for your particular card. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller software application) after booting to Windows Safe Mode to remove the existing graphics driver and then install (while still in Safe Mode) the latest driver you found. Use the "Clean Install" option if the driver has that option.

After updating to the latest driver and exiting Safe Mode, boot again normally and test again for the problem.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the information. But every time I search for the drivers it just makes me dl the Radeon software. And it does everything automatically?

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

You didn't mention which version of windows you are running. There are different drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 7. Other versions of Windows may not be supported -- I am not sure. Try the appropriate driver for the OS version you have for the Radeon RX 5700 XT listed on the page linked below. I note that this was just released on March 19, 2020.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Download the Driver, Download and install DDU as indicated above, boot into Windows Safe Mode, use DDU to remove the existing driver, and then install the one downloaded from above. Reboot to normal windows mode and test it out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube