add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installing Windows 8 from disc with no optical drive?

Dwigz
  • 73 months ago

Hi guys, I bought the NZXT H440 for my first build and it's on its way however I overlooked the fact that it doesn't have any optical drive bays. How do I now install my Windows 8 disc? Can I still use the optical drive that I bought but just not be able to mount it to the case? I could do with a little help here, thanks.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I still use the optical drive that I bought but just not be able to mount it to the case?

Yes.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

just to clarify, it's an internal optical drive that i have

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

As long as the CD/DVD drive uses SATA interface and you realize it is only a temporary measure to install the OS, should not be an issue.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thank you very much for clearing things up for me

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube