add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help for new Motherboard in new build

Delrian
  • 73 months ago

Hello,

I want to buy a new PC and that will be my first own build.

My system so far: CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Memory: GeIL EVO Leggara Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

What is left is the Motherboard. There are so many, I don't have the knowledge to choose the right one.

I heard I want a Z87 chip because of the overclocking possibilties of the CPU. So, with this build I want to mainly play games (e.g BF4) and surf in the Internet, watching films ect. No Video-rendering or something like that. As far as USB-Hubs are concerned, I want (at least, more is optional) 4 USB-Ports in the back and 2 USB-3.0 in the front. Also, my price-range is around ~100€, but I would be willing to spend more if it makes sense.

Please help me :)

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

well thats the start the case determines the size of the motherboard that can fit decide that then get back to us. try searching to techquikie motherboards, this should help you choose what to get

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132116

This i s a great board and offers the dual front USB 3.0 you were asking about.

In addition it offers auto tuning which is a great feature to align with your K series CPU.

AutoTuning Overclocking – A hardware based firmware/software utility. This application can auto overclock your CPU through a carefully developed automated routine which includes stability testing, voltage adjustment and temperature monitoring. This means your overclock is specific to the margin of your CPU as well as the thermal performance of your CPU cooling solution. When tied in with optimized voltage policies which maintain an adaptive vid for superior efficiency and as well as cap the voltage that can be supplied you end up with a very balanced and efficient overclock that also offers improve performance and optimally takes advantage of your investment in a Z97 board, K series CPU and solid cooling solution.

There is quite a bit more as well when it comes to features and functionality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v69hBcl1eAE

If you are looking for a chassis / case recommendation I really like the N400 for the money. Although keep in mind few chassis have dual front USB 3.0 so you will need to purchase a front bay adapter or use a USB 3.0 card reader ( or being willing to pay more for one of the chassis feature dual front USB 3.0 )

Hope this helps and best of luck with the build.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot!

The board is quite nice but sadly it is not in my budget. Regarding the dual front USB 3.0, after looking for a suited case I think one 3.0 and one 2.0 is enough seeing the little (rather cheap) options.

Your recommended case is good. Looking through a few alternatives but I could see me buying it.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, best of luck in your build.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

whats your case?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

not decided yet

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube