add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 Home Edition - 64 bit Installation Dies With "Stop Code: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER"

Falke52
  • 1 month ago

I am working to install Windows 10 Home Edition - 64 bit on a new Sabrent Rocket 1TB 4.0 PCIe M.2 drive plugged into a new ASUS X570-Plus (WiFi) motherboard that has an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X processor installed. The Sabrent Rocket drive is the only drive installed in the PC while performing this installation. The motherboard's BIOS has been updated to version 1407, the latest version. I am installing from a Microsoft Original USB thumb-drive. The PC does not have an optical drive.

The Windows installation quits with the error message, "Stop Code: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER".

How do I prevent this error condition from stopping the installation? The PC does not have an optical drive. I am installing from a Microsoft Original USB thumb-drive.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The error is caused by a conflict between the motherboard's WiFi controller and the Windows 10 installer. To enable Windows to finish installing, go into the BIOS, then the Advanced Option, then Onboard Devices and disable the WiFi controller.

Restart the Windows 10 installation from the beginning and the installation should complete as advertised.

Supposedly updating the WiFi drivers will fix the problem once Windows is installed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My installation of Windows has been successful! The problem was caused by the ASUS WiFi controller. Apparently, this a common problem with the ASUS WiFi controller on several of their motherboards.

I disabled the WiFi controller from within the BIOS, deleted the partitions on the Rocket drive that had been created by the previous installation attempt and then started the installation of Windows from the beginning. I did not attempt to change BIOS settings again until Windows was fully installed and was running.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hurrah!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube