add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 8.1 Boot logo issue

GamerDeso
  • 73 months ago

Well, when I start up my computer or when I reset it, my windows boot logo won't show. HOWEVER, it boots fine. When it boots, I can see my bios taking up the entire screen and a small box with the windows loading circle... thingy. Its as if my boot logo is my bios, and the boot logo's size takes up the entire screen while the small box has the windows loading circle... thingy in the right place and the right size.

Since I have a bit of OCD, how can this be fixed? I've tried googling it, but I guess I don't know what to type since it just leads me to other things that doesn't show me the answer nor is it even close to what I'm asking for.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

The image is contained within the bootres.dll file, here:

C:\Windows\Boot\Resources

There are applications that you can use to modify the image, though I've never used them personally. You could also try obtaining another bootres file from a dll website, and then copy it into the Resources folder.

EDIT: After a quick Google, 8oot Logo Changer seems to be quite popular.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my gahd. Thank you very much :D

I feel like I just wasted your time and I feel much more of an idiot now T.T

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, how do you modify it? O.o

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

The easiest/quickest way would be to use a 3rd party application, such as 8oot Logo Changer. This can be downloaded for free, here.

I have never used it before, but it looks like all you do is import your new image into the application and then it will modify the bootres.dll file for you.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

I've tried it, but it still shows my bios as the boot logo... which is more of a boot background actually without the Windows Flag Logo

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube