add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Open Loop Liquid Cooling

asesnic

69 months ago

I am planning on replacing my H100i with open loop liquid cooling. Does anybody have any experience/ advice/ lists of parts that I might need? I would like to keep my 450D mid tower as there seems to be plenty of room for water cooling. I would like to utilize at least the 360mm radiator mount on top to start. I would like to keep the overall cost as low as possible. Here's my current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/asesnic/saved/4ytt

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Try using an xspc raystorm 360 kit link

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

So I assume that I will have to forgo the optical drive in order to fit the radiator? Also, will I have enough clearance to make it fit?

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Most likely yes

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

OK

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

A custom loop is nowhere near budget friendly. There's plenty of expandable kits out there though, that are pretty cheap and will let you upgrade your loop down the road, like the CM Glacer 240L, XSPC kits, Swiftech H220, etc.

In fact, I wouldn't even water cool the 750 ti since it produces so little heat, so something like the Swiftech H320 or another similar 360mm kit would work fine.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Toms hardware, frozencpu, Jayz2cents, extreme overclocking, daz mode all have fine tutorials. There are others that I forget but I essentially learned the ropes from those sources.

Cooperred is spot on regarding cooling the 750 TI, the thing won't melt ice.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. I found a water block for it from EK, so I might as well add it to the loop even though it stays quite cool already.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Other than all the other reasons in this thread, you're also adding extra restriction to your loop and wasting money. There's really no point water cooling a card that generates so little heat that it can be possible with a heat sink

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

EK isn't the best performer at anything lol. The koolance 380i performs better for 2011, and I think it was either the raystorm or the aquatuning that outperforms on 115x. EK is just well known for the same reason ASUS is, looks and marketing.

The only thing I give credit to EK for is making waterblocks for non reference design gpus.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube