add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Valorant is releasing soon but I'm afraid of installing it.

Jrpg_Guy
  • 9 days ago

I heard rumors of the game having malware and spyware. I don't want to support the game if true. Is it true that this game is harmful for my PC? I don't know why a game has to be so intrusive.

Comments

• 9 days ago
  • 3 points

All anticheat software is spyware, if it wasn't spying it wouldn't be working correctly.

Most is malware based since malware is years ahead of what purpose developed software is.

You start digging and you find a ton of it being repurposed these days since it's easier and cheaper to build off of unprotected work then pay talented people what they are worth.

The malware people don't care since it makes the titles easier to hack.

• 9 days ago
  • 2 points

Their Vanguard anti-cheat system is kernel-level like BattlEye, but it's active regardless of the game running or not. To top it all off, Riot Games is owned by Tencent, which is effectively the Chinese government. What you do with this information is up to you. It's unlikely to affect you directly.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Im too excited to play the game to worry about stuff like this. A lot of people have been playing the game since its release and I havent really heard of anything too serious.

• 9 days ago
  • -1 points

bro. I have valorant right now. Honestly i have heard stories too but I have no problems. I think its a bit of a vocal minority. Its free and Riot is a big company so their anticheat wont remain on your PC (that would be malware) if you uninstall valorant. Also we are using windows 10. If we actually care about privacy we would be using Linux like ubuntu or manjaro lel

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Its free and Riot is a big company so their anticheat wont remain on your PC (that would be malware) if you uninstall valorant.

Ah. But it seems that is still the case. As far as I know, you still have to manually remove it after uninstalling the game.

Also we are using windows 10. If we actually care about privacy we would be using Linux like ubuntu or manjaro

Just because someone is using windows 10 doesn't mean they shouldn't care about their privacy.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

It does though and while Windows 10 isn't exactly the definition of private I would prefer not to give the Chinese government more power over my PC than I have.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

true, true. but so far I dont have any problems. as I stated earlier

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

You do have a problem, the anti cheat. That is the problem. Riot aka Tencent aka the Chinese government has full access to your PC through the anti cheat and the Chinese government doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to privacy, ethics, or anything of the sort.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

yes. I guess you're right.

[comment deleted]
  • 8 days ago
  • 3 points

Where is this from?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube