add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI A88XM-E45 SATA drivers issue with Windows 7 install

khaaaaan
  • 73 months ago

I'm having problems installing windows 7 on a new build:

Motherboard: MSI A88XM-E45 CPU: A10-7850K RAM: 8gb 2133 Drives: 1x 90gb Corsair Flash SATA3 SSD, 2x Seagate 3TB SATA 3 HDD's

When I get to the install windows screen it asks for additional drivers (I'm assuming the SATA drivers), no dvd drive so I've taken the drivers off the supplied cd on my laptop and put them on a USB drive. The installer won't use any of the drivers however, I keep getting an error that no compatible hardware was found.

I've tried changing the SATA mode in the BIOS from AHCI to IDE but get the same problem. I had originally wanted to RAID0 the two 3TB drives and had set up an array but the installer won't recognise the Bolton Raid drivers either. I've also tried downloading the driver package from MSI's website for this motherboard but get the same error.

The BIOS recognises all of the disks but I can't install windows, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point
  • For typical standard installation of Windows 7, no drivers should be required during the installation process, whether SATA ports are configured as AHCI or IDE. Disconnect all drives except the one Windows 7 will be installed in. You can connect the drives after successful installation of the OS.
  • For installation configured for RAID, process usually requires drivers during the installation process. Refer to manual for correct procedure since process differs with each model.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube