add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Customising H440

MasterOshawott

67 months ago

I'm planning. yellow and black themed build and I want to use the NZXT H440 case. I want it to match my build so I was thinking of getting the red and black version and painting the accents yellow. But I don't want to mess around with masking tape.

Basically, can you remove the coloured accents without breaking the thing?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

How about this?

Plasti Dip

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

That looks awesome!

Thanks for the link!

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. Let us know how it turns out!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you try the Plasti Dip?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres an orange/black one (newegg exclusive) that would be easier to change, just bleach the orange lol.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the green version would be easier to paint but I don't think bleach will get the desired effect. :p. But is there even a way of removing the accents or I may have to do the less favourable option of taping up the panels...

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

-3D print a new H440.- Jk spray paint will work wonders, I haven't worked with the H440 yet, but it would look awesome if, instead of only spray-painting the accents, you spray the case where the accents are, leaving a "graffiti" look. That would be epic.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

If o my I had a 3d printer...

That idea with the spray paint would look badass and if you slightly watered down the paint and let it drip down slightly. It qwould look like a toxic mess! But a good one.

Unfortunately for my build I want a super clean finish. But I could do a sister build for my friend...

Thanks for a great idea!

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

You can remove the NZXT logo piece on the PSU cover, but the other accents cannot be removed as far as I can tell from my own H440.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks. I'll just have to tape it up.

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

I plasti dipped my h440, love it lol.
AND IT PEELS OFF!!. It's like temporarily paint.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

congratulations. im thinking about doing a similar modification for my first build and im just wondering how easy it was to get a super clean finish and whether or not u left the mesh on the top and sides as its original black.

I was also curious as to how easy it is to peel off and whether it would stain the black areas of the case?

sorry for all the questions :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube