add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming or Gaming 7?

Killer_68
  • 73 months ago

Do i need to change for Z97 Gaming 7 new model ther's a few new features i like on it (new version of audio, M-2 Sata; Design), Money is not the problem here. Which one is the best?

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97_GAMING_7.html#overview

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87GD65_GAMING.html#overview

And also what is the differences between the 87 and 97 chipsets, what changes?

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

If you have the money and you want to, go for it. There's no real need to..

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't the new chipsets support 5th gen processors as well as Haswell?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, but I'm assuming he already has the Z87 GD-65. Z87 also supports the locked Haswell Refresh, but you need 97 to use Devil's Canyon

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

No, i don't have the gd-65 but i planed to buy it but i think i'll go with the Gaming 7, i'm gonna take a 4670k

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok, you mentioned "change" so I thought you had the Z87 and wanted to upgrade. If you're going Z97, I'd wait for the 4790k to come out.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but how many the 4790k is gonna cost?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

~$360

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube