add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Oops question? CPU cooling/ NZXT h440

GR3YHAM

67 months ago

So I got excited one day and decided to order some parts for my 1st pc build, I ordered the NZXT H440 case and 2 120mm AF corsair fans as well as 3 140mm of the same. I mounted the fans today and realized that the AF 120's which are going to be on my H100i cooler should be the SP edition (static pressure, not sure how much of a difference this makes). So I was thinking instead of trying to send them back or sell them I would just buy 2 more SP fans and do a push pull configuration. I am Not sure if I should just keep them, send them back and get 2 sp or try the quad. I really don't feel like dealing with trying to sell them or send them back since I already opened one, I might also be able to mount the 2 sp editions on the cooler and if there's enough room use one of the extra fans in the third slot and send the unopened one back. This might be a little confusing so sorry but if anyone has experience with any of these parts could you give me some advice.

Here's the fans I have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Hers two versions of the SP edition one is performance like the ones I have and one is a quiet edition.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181025&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not gonna make that much of a difference to be worth sending them back.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't think it would be a big difference I still might get the sp ones just because 30 bucks is really not bad and I would just rather have it be right. IDK

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Its your choice really.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not use the stock H100i fans, manually adjust the fan speed to a noise level that suits you and put the AF 120s as pull fans.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Cause looks better

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't put airflow focused fans on a radiator ever. They're not going to be able to move air much at all.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Which ones are air flow focused, I think I'm gonna RMA the ones I have now and get the ones designed for coolers there's not enough room for a 3rd fan with that cooler.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

the corsair AF series. Honestly I'm not a fan of corsair fans at all. I've owned SPs and AFs and was pretty underwhelmed

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I'll have to see how they work I'm sorta committed now. I mostly got them for looks anyway I was thinking about getting nocturas at one point but there soo ugly why brown?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

There are better options.

For static pressure fans you could check out the noiseblocker eloops (aquatuning.us sells them).

For air flow you could check the phanteks fans, noiseblocker multiframes, or thermalright fdbs.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll check out the sp ones but don't think I'm gonna rma all the fans gotta pick something at some point but thanks for the options :)

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

those eloops are sweet might get those now....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube