add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Maximus vi(6) hero or Maximus vii(7) ranger?

tayler1480
  • 73 months ago

Thanks in advance. I can get both of these boards for about £135. If I don't plan on getting the haswell refresh or broadwell cpu's or use m.2 which board would be better & if possible why?

Build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3RdT8

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

If you don't plan on getting any of the new chips or taking advantage of the new features, I'd stick with the 6 Hero. The ranger is supposed to be a budget option, and a lower tier than the hero.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I was just wondering how it's more of a budget motherboard e.g. is the supremefx worse on the ranger?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

The hero has more sata ports and better power delivery. Audio wise you probably won't notice a difference. The ranger also doesn't have sata express. They're really similar and you can't go wrong with either.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube