add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler Master Elite 110 or Elite 130?

tse

67 months ago

I'm torn between two cases and cannot make up my mind. The elite 110 and elite 130.

My primary aims for this build will be portability and minimising the footprint; the intended use of the computer will be for word processing and statistical softwares such as mathematica and SPSS. However, I can't decide between a smaller case or a marginally larger case that will have greater upgradability (i.e the 130 could house a 12-13" graphics card in the future).

Any input on this matter would be very helpful.

Part list.

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

I am building a system this weekend using the Elite 130. If I had decided to build the system without an optical drive, I would have probably gone with the Elite 110. I picked out the EVGA GTX 750 ti as my video card, just in case I decided to rebuild with the Elite 110.

Parts List

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the advice, I am leaning toward the 110. Also, that's the exact GPU that I had in mind if I were going to add one!

If you are planning to document the build and post it here could you please link me as these builds look fairly similar.

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

Finished the build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/bFWZxr

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube