add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Illegal windows 7

godbisset
  • 72 months ago

Hi, so I recently purchased this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008OS5NKW/?tag=pcp0f-21

I thought that it looked dodgy at first, but i was getting linked to it, by PPP, it also had relatively good ratings on ppp and amazon. So i bought it. But now its arrived, I'm looking at it, its almost certainly a false or illegal copy. Things like, no refunds or send backs, ignore the warnings on the disk. I'm just so confused to why I would be linked to it by this website. I would understand if it just did a search then picked the cheapest, but it wasn't the cheapest or the best reviewed. But i digress, on the actual product it came in a small CD case with a printed letter attached. It says it works, but no where does it say its not illegal. But I hardly believe it will work (i haven't opened it) anyway, with how much they are saying "This product is non refundable and non returnable" ~Godbisset

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Only one way to find out.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It seems to me, that it's a re-installation disc for a dell computer. So it's not exactly a system builder oem. It will most likely work, but it really seems dodgy and I don't know if I'd ever trust something like that.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. It looks just like a windows repair disc.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

what now then? have i just lost £60?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It could work. It's not like you can return it anyways, so I'd just try it.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate through Amazon. The disc was a Dell installation packaged like yours - the supplier was not the same though.

When I tried to validate it on line- It would not - but I was directed to a free-phone number - I gave the details of where I bought it - the numbers on the sticker etc and the voice on the other end of the line gave me the new product key - I typed them in and the machine was up and running. Being a little doubtful I then re-installed the OS and the product key numbers were OK.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

So was there a happy ending to this story?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure, but the seller (and product) is still active on the UK Amazon. I'd have at the very least reported them.

Inquiring minds want to know!!

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

My cpu was dilivered broken so im waiting to buy a new one :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube