add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Corsair Cases unveiled at Computex 2014. Many Questions

tofu570

67 months ago

Looking at the some of these new designs and I like them. So, can someone please clarify if the Carbide Series Air 240 has a 5.25" Optical Drive Bay. Also, what kind of cooling wouldbe used in this case (air or water?) http://www.maximumpc.com/corsair_unloads_three_high_end_pc_cases_computex_2014

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at the photos from Computex 2014 and the few other brief descriptions and photos, I didn't see any signs of a 5.25" bay on the Air 240. It does look sweet though! Amazon has it prelisted in the $99 range so if it stays at that price point AND has the most of the features of the 540 (except for the micro-ATX/mini-ITX boards) it will be one sweet case!

[comment deleted]
  • 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help. Will consider based on the interior to see if their is adequate cable management for both 380T and Carbide 240

[comment deleted]
  • 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it's usefull for people who are ususally on the move from what I'm seeing due to the handle, the one thing is that there's no external 5.25" slot for a disk drive (downloaded needed programs and such)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube