add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My upcoming Bitfenix Prodigy M build opinion

azidhsu
  • 72 months ago

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LH9Tzy Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LH9Tzy/by_merchant/ Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LH9Tzy/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon) Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($87.98 @ SuperBiiz) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.99 @ NCIX US) Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon) Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.28 @ SuperBiiz) Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB AMP! Edition Video Card ($247.99 @ SuperBiiz) Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Arctic White MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Mwave) Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC) Monitor: Acer B233HL Jbmdh 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($193.36 @ SuperBiiz) Case Fan: BitFenix Spectre Pro 156.3 CFM 230mm Fan ($19.70 @ Amazon) Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM 140mm Fan ($13.72 @ Mwave) Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM 140mm Fan ($13.72 @ Mwave) Total: $1360.66 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-05 09:56 EDT-0400)

This is my upcoming build I'm doing. Fret not, I've only bought the casing, dvd drive along with the CPU + mobo. I would like some opinion on the other things that might need some changes. This should be completed by end of June. The price I've calculated is actually $1440~~ish? cuz im from Singapore and shipping is not going easy for me.

Also for the airflow, I've planned intake from 1x230mm from bottom and 1x140mm from rear. for the exhaust would be 1x140mm at the top right next to the dvd drive.(cant put 2 fans on top also because of the dvd drive) Also because i wouldn't want so much air not entering the gpu if i'd put 2 fans at the top. thats the best kind of airflow i got planned. Any thing i should change on this plan.

Anyway anyhow do advise me on other parts that might need changes. Thanks guys.

(PS. this build is intended for family use hence the dvd drive just in case as well as for my gaming use. No intensive games playing. Only dota and dota 2. and maybe some horror games[which i so love] thats not available on console. eg. dreadout)

my mistake for already buying the M version of the prodigy should have just gone with the normal one. but harm is already done so i shall stick to it.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

One question before I go HAM rebuilding your parts list, why the two monitors? I didn't touch them when I edited your parts list before I hear the story behind them.

Anyways here is a build for less with much better hardware choices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/impyowner1/saved/Y3cqqs

Also that $60 you saved from the build you had previously you could use to get a EVGA GTX 770 instead of a 760. I realize this would be overkill for Dota but hey, the more FPS the better as far as I'm concerned!

Cheers

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Im sorry lol, i just checked again and i'm only seeing one monitor. Anyways, yes i would love to go with evga gtx 770 but im concerned that it might not fit with the space constraint prodigy m with the dvd drive and psu getting in the way has hence the zotac gtx760 amp ! . And also i watched youtube videos that a fully modular would do good since they have flat cables, again considering the space constraint. For the mobo, i've already got it with the cpu and now awaiting for my next paycheck to get the rest of the parts. Any suggestion to the airflow?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor thing is fixed now, IDK what was going on. The 770 can fit in the case, just check this out http://pcpartpicker.com/b/YdsYcf

Semi-modular would be just fine because the only cables that are connected are the ones that you are going to have to use. For example the motherboard, VGA, etc. The ones that everyone uses in a build are connected, the ones that aren't connected are the SATA, peripherals. You would be totally fine with the PSU I have listed.

For the airflow it will be fine as well.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks ! I might just check out those semi modular psu but maybe be going for corsair psu instead. About the gpu, i can't confirm it taking to consideration the guy doesnt have any dvd drive on his build. Youtube has 1 video shown someone can't fit in a asus 580ti to his prodigy m withouht removing those drive cages. So i dont know if the dimensions are the same. Also in case you didnt noticed you list the gpu as evga gtx760 :p

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem on the PSU, I would check out the one I have listed before making a decision.

I listed the 760 in the parts list as a base model since we know it will fit, the 770 was just another option. My bad for not noticing he didn't have a DVD drive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube