add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$808 Gaming PC Build - Opinions appreciated! Going to build soon!! :)

Brazzelon
  • 72 months ago

Hey guys, this is my first build, im looking to actually build this "beast".

I've been looking around for some time, and my mission was to create a Higher-than-average performance PC for a low budget. I know 800 is not really a low budget, but its certainly not high. It should be a comfortable price point for the quality of parts i went with.

Some comments:

I wanted to be a GPU heavy build (which is why i went with the 270X and not just the 270. Storage is not a priority for me personally, so i cut corners on that, giving only 750g HDD while springing for a 120g SSD (going to throw Windows, WoW and Smite on there, for faster processing of files/etc. should give me a speedy boot while improving gaming just enough)

I'm not happy spending over 10% of budget on an OS, but hey, there's no way around that, right? (let me know if there is, haha)

Overall, i truly appreciate any criticism, like i said, im looking to build this thing within the next month, so if you see any major issues, i would be eternally grateful if you help me out.

Thanks a bunch!

-Brazzelon

BUILD: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Brazzelon/saved/zfx2FT

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree on most of the points. That HDD made me scratch my head. You are absolutely right on the PSU, but for that CPU (FX-line) you probably should use an after market cooler of sorts. The Hyper 212 EVO should be fine though.

@OP - Is there a strict budget you are sticking to? This one is $800 and you do mention it, but it could be spent a little differently.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Not your HDD, his. :) Umm with the FX line, they are loud. To me, it is like nails on a chalk board.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct. It's a personal choice of mine, but not needed if you want to allocate the money somewhere else.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube