add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC Build (Need opinions/criticism)

dbet
  • 72 months ago

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time builder. I've never really gone out of my way to purchase from the ground up and build a whole computer, typically I've always swapped out a part here or there on a computer I'd buy from the store. I'm not really sure how to go about posting this as well, but I'd like you all to let me know what you think of this build.

What I'm aiming for in this build, is some casual gaming, CS 1.6/GO, DotA, probably Watch Dogs and some of the newer games, nothing crazy.

I've already purchased the CPU/Mobo/Ram from Newegg for a sweet bundle that I compared to the prices listed on here.. I ended up saving about $35, but I do intend on buying another stick of ram.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ymMn8d

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need a sound card. most mobos have great onboard sound. Save $200 and go with the 750 TI, an excellent mid range card. Will still play watch dogs beautifully and in 1080p. most newer games high but a lot of 2013 and early 2014 ultra. also with the fx 6300 instead of the 8 core, half the fans, and without the sound and a better cooler (212) i got the price down to about $720.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks a lot, I already purchased the CPU unfortunately but I'll definitely take that stuff into consideration. I also bumped it down to a 760 instead, still found a GPU with the free game and it's $50 off.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube