add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This build I've come up seems like THE dream build... but I need your help

Animoszity
  • 72 months ago

Hey guys, so I've put together a build that right now to me seems like the dream build for my budget (about $1300 Canadian). My vision for this build is to be able to not play the "next-gen" of games for a the coming handful of years, but to be able to stream/record said games at preferably max-settings and 60+ fps. I understand my fps will be better when not streaming as opposed to when streaming, so it would be great if the FPS could hit 70+ when not streaming. From my research, this build should be able to pull that off, but I'm hoping you guys can give me more insight on this.

pcpartpicker

EDIT: My budget is a little bit flexible and I'm willing to spend maybe a bit over $1500 Here is 1 updated build since I originally posted: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Animoszity/saved/MzXnTW This build is under $1500 with mail in rebates and just over without making use of them.

The other build is: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Animoszity/saved/7Y8j4D This build is $1600 without using mail-in rebates and a bit over $1500 when rebates are used.

Is the second build significantly more powerful enough for me to drop another $100, or will I be able to almost match performance with the first build?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have a monitor and peripherals, so all I need is a rig.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You're probably going to want an SSD, for which I recommend a Samsung 840 EVO, either 120GB or 250GB depending on your preference. And you don't need a 650W PSU, you could go with 550W-600W to save money. I recommend an Asus M5A99FX for your motherboard, and a 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda HDD. Seagates are cheaper, and often more reliable. Oh, and if you wish, you could add an AMD FX-9370 as your CPU and it would still fit your budget. But for that you WOULD need your current PSU wattage. Good luck.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What is better about the Asus M5A99FX? Also I thought of getting an SSD, but I was told it wasn't too important. I chose to take a 650W PSU incase I ever want to add more to my computer or overclock things. What would you rate my current CPU? Is it good for it's price, and does it have potential to last some years?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, would you recommend an i5 over an AMD CPU? Why or why not?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

No I would not, because AMDs are generally better for mid budget gaming. They have more cores and faster clock rates for less money.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The Asus motherboard has 1 more 6GB/s SATA than the Gigabyte, resulting in faster overall system speed. The SSD is definitely important, whoever told you that is out of their mind... and I understand your PSU choice. Now, The FX-8350 is great, but I'm saying you could get a better one, the FX-9370 and still be within your budget.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Adding in a 120GB SSD and Windows 7 (I almost forgot I need an OS... also would you recommend 7 or 8.1?) upped my total cost to a bit over $1500 which is still BEARABLE, but I can't push it much further. I will try to switch out the motherboard and CPU and see what the cost comes out to.

EDIT: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xKy4Bm The price came out to $1600 which is already 100 dollars more than what was already pushing it... I'm wondering if I should switch back to the 8350, which may not be as good, but is much cheaper too...

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the price is significantly reduced with Mail-In Rebates, but I don't exactly know how those work... :/

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

try to stay away from them if possible. Especially if you are on a tight budget....

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

bump?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm active so if you're still here I can help

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Here, maybe this will help.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Any reason why you are using the 290 over the gtx 770? Both perform the same while the 770 is quite a bit cheaper....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube