add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

All around AMD build - what would you change?

Rhysoj
  • 73 months ago

Hi guys,

Here's my build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Rhysoj/saved/Q9ndnQ.

Uses - photo and video editing, gaming, work. Budget £750-800

Already have a Bluray drive, 1TB HDD, Wireless Card and all peripherals including 2 x Samsung 24inch monitors.

Are there any changes you'd make?

Appreciate the advice.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 73 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with a 8320, and overclock it to the speed of the 8350.It'll save you some money. Would swap out the Kingston drive and go for a Samsung because they're more reliable and have better parts used. Other than that, probably find the blue version of the ram instead of red, seeing as the mobo is mostly blue.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Great advice, thanks.

If I was to over clock the cpu would I have to fit a more efficient cpu cooler then? Something like the H100i maybe?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

With your budget, a EVO will do. Its one of the best performing air coolers for it's price. As for watercooling, instead of a H100i go with a Cooler Master Glacier 240L. Its a much better performing closed loop water cooler. Depending on how much you would want to overclock, upgrading to a water might be more efficient. Water vs Air is not really something to compare because they cool about the same. Just with air, it brings heat out of the case faster because it's transferred faster to the radiator.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok great, thanks for the info. As long as I can overclock with no heating issue I will stick to the EVO then.

My build now looks like this... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qZgLwP

Any other changes needed?

The case is going to be white btw.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm... i personally wouldn't buy thermal paste, seeing as the EVO will come with a tube of it or pre-applied.But if you want a better quality paste, might as well get it. Its only $8, so not gonna be saving much if you take it off. Build itself looks good, though its over your budget.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

I suggest a better motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

also i would get a Sandisk Extreme II 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, cost slightly more but its at 550 write speed

also I would get a Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply or equivelant, (not sure if this is available for uk).. but why i suggest atleast a 750watt..is will give you dual SLI upgradeable options for future upgrades. the 600 watt just wont cutt it limiting yourself to 1 video card

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

ahh yes good point as i missed that 8320 is same ship as 8350, just overclocked more. but with that said you might want to look at NZXT havik, not sure this site has it listed but its a much better cpu cooler then the 212 EVO, although 212 EVO is still very good for the price

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I've made a few changes and come ups with this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/HZzMTW

If I'm going to over clock the cpu will this cooler be enough or should I be looking at getting a H80i or H100i or better?

Appreciate the help :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube