add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Differences between the CM Glacer 240L and Swiftech H220?

lukethedonkey

68 months ago

I think the CoolerMaster is based on the Swiftech, but how different are they really in terms of performance?

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

They're not too different, maybe a few degrees max? They're essentially a small custom loop for your CPU only, and since they have the same amount of radiator space, they're going to perform within a pretty close margin.

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Plus the 240l can have upgraded to cool both cpu and gpu without upgrading the pump, and you may be able to even through in another rad without adding a pump as well. Thats why the pump is so powerful.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

you can expand the swiftech as well

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't know that, thank you for telling me. I was just explaining why the pump was so strong in the 240l. If he was going to expand though, I would still go with the 240l, mostly because you wont need to add a pump in order to add more rads and other water cooled components.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

both coolers have the same pump, in fact the CM just has a new housing on the swiftech kit, and set the rad pump to +500rpm over the h220

same parts one is just a bit faster

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Indeed, I am just stating that I would rather go 240l for a faster pump. You may be able to change the speed of the swiftech, Im not so sure. But i would rather have a faster pump. Then again I am an air-cooler, not a water-cooler. So you should take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube