add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts wanted: 2 builds, which to go with?

mikeo713
  • 72 months ago

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/mikeo713/saved/JfyV3C gtx 760

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/mikeo713/saved/jvsmP6 r9 270

I have two builds I am looking at getting. My price difference is pretty much the r9 270 or the gtx 760. My girlfriend and I want a PC for when we start our careers for practical purposes and entertainment. It will be for light gaming and major at home projects (multiple monitors for project, tv screen for gaming). The hard drive is being given to us. What are your thoughts on the gpu difference and the builds in general? I am aiming for sub $1500 CAN but we could break the bank a little bit if truly worth it for our needs. Check the two links and please share your experience and wisdom! There are just some things the specs can't tell you.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

GTX 760 is better at gaming... IMO 760 is better. I am a fan of AMD, but the 760 outperforms the 270

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what games your going to play. Some are optimized for amd while others are optimized for nvidia. However, out of both of those gpus, the superclocked 760 is probably going to out score the 270 in most cases.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing too over the top for gaming. I was using Batman: Arkham Knight ratings from Game Debate to choose my cpu and gpu. While this would hopefully replace the need for purchasing future consoles, I still pretty much play single player rpg or maybe some racing games but never online stuff. I also have no issue with playing on minimal settings so that way I don't need to replace any pieces too soon (which should also imply that I do not intend to overclock these guys). I know that the numbers say nvidia but my thought is is it worth the extra cost? Or are there other things to worry about like excess heat (something I have heard mentioned before) and do I have the space to ventilate that heat? Or how noisy is it? Etc. I might just go with the 760 but thought I should seek out opinions first before buying.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube