add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

DelCam (ArtCam), FPS, Adobe System - build -

retropastiche
  • 72 months ago

Designing this for graphics heavy use.

Am I over kill on the processor? And the 3gig video card?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HPyfFT

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If all this will be used for is graphics, then the whole thing is overkill. What programs are you running?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Artcam - which is a less powerful/more specified version of Cadcam (recommends quad core - so I thought it would run better with hex? Maybe that's not true)

Adobe Suite/Corel. Very over kill for those.

Then just gaming - 1080/60fps.

I was operating under the principle that more power = better run times for all these programs. And also that I didn't want to have to upgrade in a year or two. But perhaps those aren't the most important principles when building this kind of machine.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? You also have to remember that more power=higher electric bills. Lets start with what your budget is, and see what we can come up with.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

That processor is overkill when you only have one GTX 780 Ti. I recommend getting an i7 4770K and add the rest to a second GTX 780 Ti, or if you can spend 200$ more, go with an i7 4930K.

Things like games, photoshop and video editing requires graphics power to render faster than a CPU, so a 2nd GPU is very worthwhile. You may want more VRAM, because 3GB can be a bottleneck (not entirely sure), but the problem, there aren't any GTX 780 Ti's with more VRAM, only the GTX 780 has 6GB version from EVGA. You should even consider GTX TITAN Black btw.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube