add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time putting together a build

Astral_
  • 72 months ago

I've read a little on what I would need for a higher-end gaming PC and this is what I ended up with, is there anything important I've overlooked or put to much into in one area? I know next to nothing about what a PC needs so any opinions and input is appreciated. Also, do I need case fans or do they come with a case? I wasn't exactly sure of that when I put this together.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tjb84D

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Tell me your budget and what you're going to be using it for and I can help you.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Keeping it under $2200 would be ideal, going a little over is fine if it really needs it. I plan on using it for gaming mostly.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LkmgQ7 You could go single card with a 780ti. Also, you must have realized the OS is missing. Go on reddit and buy a key for 20$ or so, download the ISO unto a USB drive and be a happy person. You could go cheaper on the CPU cooler to keep it under, by getting a Shadow Rock or Hyper 212 Evo.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a bunch for your help man!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, let me know if you need any more of it.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend getting 4th gen Intel products instead of 3rd gen, since price doesn't seem to big of a deal. So an example would be i7-4770K and a Z87 motherboard.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So would switching to a i7-4770K and keeping the Z79 motherboard be comparable to the Z87 or would switching the motherboard too be better?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you mean keeping the Z77 mobo, it wouldn't work, since it is socket 1155, and the CPU is socket 1150.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

right, so switching to a Z78 or Z79, as long as it isn't a Z77 is fine with the i7-770K?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

?? If you mean the New Z97 chipset, then the i7-4770k should work with it. the 4770k will definitely work with the Z87 chipset. If that is what you mean, then you are correct. The Z77 will not work with the 4770K, but the Z87 or Z97 will.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Alrighty, thanks for the info.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube