add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus z97 Pro (wifi ac) vs z97 deluxe (no nfc...)

Dazzani
  • 72 months ago

Pro's cons for each, I'm undecided. Looking at getting the new i7 4790k. Light gaming, intense photo editing.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 3 points

Both are are great board it really comes down to features and functionality. Even the Z97-A would be a great choice. Overall quality and overclocking ability is the same.

Check out the results I previously posted.

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2014/05/z97-4770k-overclocking-experience/

It will be aspects like the number of ports, fan headers, WiFi and such that will define which board may make more sense.

Overall though key functionality will be consistent throughout the boards. UEFI, Fan Controls, Overclocking, 5 Way Optimization, USB 3.0 Boost, Intel Lan, Turbo Lan, Isolated Audio Design.

Based on your usage I think you would be well served by the Z97-A or Z97 PRO which there are two models ( one with WiFi and another without it ).

Best of luck in whatever you decide and in your build!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome review, this really helped me out! I'll let you know what I end up with

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem! Glad it helped.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I did a quick check and the Z97 Deluxe has 2 SATA Express vs one. Has more UBS connections. Both have an M.2. If this link works it will give you a comparison:

https://www.asus.com/us/Compare/

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

MaximumPC's latest issue, August 2014, did a z97 MOBO roundup between 5 mid-range boards. I almost wrote the company to tell them I disagreed with their write-up conclusion.

I now have the Asus Vii Hero with the 4790K cpu and am very happy. I have never built a computer before until this week. I am not an over clocker, so I have all this capability at my fingertips and will not be using it until many moons later in my life, should I ever determine the need to bump things up a notch.

One thing the Gigabyte board does seem to have that I like a lot (and my Asus board does not) is the Op-Amps. They make your headphones and speakers louder. In higher-end Gigabyte boards, you get a user swappable Op-Amp. I think in the Gaming 7 board it's hardwired in.

You must not have access to run a cable to your Router. Personally, I would not want WiFi on my motherboard. It makes your board cost more. I would much rather run cabling to the router, and if I needed WiFi on a desktop system, I would pick and choose the best WiFi adapter on the market, rather than take a chance on one that comes built into the motherboard with few options.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube