add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

how well would this build run minecraft for my little sister? (she's thinking of getting a graphics card later)

D42RAW
  • 72 months ago

my little sister loves minecraft..... Her laptop is not very good at handling it though. here's the build. please help:) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kr4n8d

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 4 points

First of all. It won't turn on since their is no GPU and no intergrated graphics.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, the motherboard has integrated graphics. But those are not gonna do anything for games, even simple ones like Minecraft.

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $79.49 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $47.63 @ Mwave
Memory Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital AV-GP 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.72 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $119.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Antec 450W ATX Power Supply $37.99 @ NCIX US
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $11.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $434.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-08 14:40 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you very much. And what approximate fps would we be looking at playing minecraft with shaders on this build?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

With shaders, 30-45. Without shaders, 60+. Just a rough estimate.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Would she need the gpu? That's a bit over budget. She HAS to be within budget. She doesn't have a whole lot of money. She's only 12 and she's saving for this build. And thanks for the fps estimate:)

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

i personally think this is a minimum to build an extremely decent gaming PC, you could go lower but the price / performance ratio just goes downhill very quick

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah she would need the GPU. A better option more optimized for minecraft would be to use an a-10 5800K

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If she really has that small a budget I'd imagine she's been trying to save money by raking leaves in Brooklyn's projects ;) In all seriousness though, a 750 TI is more than what she needs, maybe try to find an open box one?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Without a GPU, it woudln't run it at all..You'll have to add a GPU or an APU..

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm always learning.... does the MB have a graphics chip on it?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX_PLUS/specifications/

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You can run Minecraft on Intel integrated graphics EDIT but that build isn't using Intel derp

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey man - nice thing you're doing for your little sister. I would suggest looking into an AMD APU to save yourself some money. This build here could play minecraft very well, but costs a lot less. You can save even more money by using Linux instead of Windows, since Minecraft runs perfectly in Linux! Here's how to get started with Linux: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

I would suggest trying out ZorinOS, Ubuntu, or PeppermintOS.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A6-6400K 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor $62.74 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $39.38 @ Newegg
Memory A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP600 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.99 @ Amazon
Case Azza CSAZ-206 ATX Mid Tower Case $19.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer $14.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N150PCx 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter $10.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $263.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-09 10:01 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 2 points

She is also looking to play large modpacks as well. And I was one step ahead of yuh on using Linux with this build:)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the build :) but she wants to run it with shaders so what about putting like a gt 640 in there?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the game running on the same integrated GPU as in this build, with shaders and BandiCam running in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic8IBJ4221Y

As you can see, it's getting very playable framerates throughout. If you wanted to go to a dedicated graphics option it's going to cost you a lot more, but I suppose you might want to take advantage of nvidia technology if you're using Linux (less spotty driver support).

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X2 370K 4.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $56.24 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $39.38 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $42.99 @ Adorama
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP600 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1GB Video Card $85.06 @ Micro Center
Case Azza CSAZ-206 ATX Mid Tower Case $19.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer $14.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N150PCx 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter $10.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $314.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-09 17:30 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MswhmG :I've decided on that, and she's happy with it. I'll pay the extra $50 for her I guess. She likes to play GTA V too so this will be a-ok for her. Right?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be awesome. Of course you'll have to wait until this Fall for GTA V on PC, right? Do we know its system requirements yet? Anyhow I wouldn't worry too much; this should run it fine. Get another 8Gb stick for an upgrade when you can; that way she can have dual-channel performance and enough RAM to run a minecraft server in a RAMDisk (the best way to run one, if the most complicated - but it could teach her a LOT about how computers and servers work!).

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wBY9t6 Would be better. Idk if you needed an OS.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What estimated fps would she be lookin at? And im not really good with pcs, so she would still be able to put a graphics card in later right?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This should be able to run it with 30+ FPS on max settings, and if you disable a few things you could max it out. And yes, you would be able to put in a graphics card in the future if you want to. However, the power supply might need an upgrade depending on what you get, but I'm assuming you won't be getting something high end.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i was thinking about telling her to get a 750 ti.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, the 450w PSU will be able to handle that just fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube