add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How was this for a gift?

chuck216
  • 72 months ago

My significant other was kind enough to upgrade my old PC after the PSU failed, an exploded cap, taking the motherboard with it, he took it to the computer shop he works at to see what he could do to get me a working system. I fully expected the most basic system that would be no match for the Phenom II based system it was before. I was pleasantly surprised when he went for upgrades on everything.

The build is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/PznQzy

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Spesc? Just curious. But that's awfully generous. :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

specs at the build link

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a nice friend you've got there, how's the PC so far?

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Outstanding literally 3 times as fast as the phenom II 940/radeon 4870 based system it replaced. And that was the absolute top of the line AMD system when I put it together. of course that was 5 years ago, so it had a long life, the Phenom actually survived an actually replaced an older Athlon II in one of our other systems.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube