add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks PH-TC14PE vs Noctua NH-D14

thecheeseling

85 months ago

Which is better?

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 3 points

Noctua NH-D14, has better feedback on newegg. both looks the same to me.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

I hear the Noctua is more silent, but the Phanteks has better performance. Also, the Phanteks has more color options.

If color is a big deal for you, Phanteks is the way to go, because that Noctua color scheme is AWFUL!

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

we'll the build i'm doing doesn't really matter about how good the build looks just performance... and I just found out that tomshardware did a review on the noctua and it beats the top of the line water cooling counterparts.

• 84 months ago
  • 0 points

What!?? When? Where?

Top of the line liquid cooling kits are the Kraken 60, Corsair H100i, Corsair H80i, and soon to be released Switftech H220. They've beaten the Noctua coolers in every test I've ever come across. And there's tons of data pointing to liquid coolers being superior.

I don't know about what data you have... but either all the tests I've read before have been complete hogwash, or your data is absolutely flawed - or you're misrepresenting that data in question.

I can back up the superiority of liquid coolers with loads of articles. I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong, but I'd love either way to see any data you have to support the statement that "Noctua [...] beats the top of the line water cooling counterparts".

The Noctua NH-D14 counterpart is the Corsair H80. You can find it on budget prices for around 80$ in places.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-cpu-cooler-cwch80

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14se2011

In fact, the Noctua is selling for a few cents more. If you're willing to spend that much on an air cooling solution, counterparts relate to price bracket. A few cents different is the same price bracket, essentially.

And top-of-the-line liquid cooling solutions are Corsair H100i.

Do you have data to fortify the claim that Noctua beats the top-of-the-line water cooling components, or it's "per price basis" counterparts?

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Hhmmm... that's odd. Sure, the Noctua is silent, but there are some major drawbacks to it still, even in this article.

Personally, since silence is a big factor here, I would recommend putting the Noctua NH-D14 vs the Corsair H80, since they're in the same price bracket.

Also, if you move your PC around a lot, liquid cooling sounds like a better idea.

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, I read some more articles and you convinced me... should I wait for the Switftech H220 or get the H100i?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube