add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which power supply please help?

yoyoguyss1
  • 70 months ago

Hi,

I am from Dubai and I am a newbie and is about to try and build my own first PC I was wondering what Volt and Watt power supply I need to get for my PC to work in my country.I once got a xbox 360 from the US and hooked it up in my house back in India and it blew up cause of voltage difference between the US and India. So can someone tell me how to pick out the right Power Supply for Dubai and which would be good for my build?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMKXYJ

-Thank you

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know anything about Dubai's infrastructure with regards to household power, but I'd say a 500-550W PSU will suit that build just fine.

A lot of people go for Corsair's, they're cheap and do the job. I personally think SeaSonic are of a much better quality, I bought one for my build and can't fault it (SeaSonic S12II 520W) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-S12II-520-ATX12V-Standard-Supply/dp/B00390P1NO

I've also heard good things about the XFX/XFX Pro.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Because XFX are SeaSonic rebrands. :)

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Exactly!

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

550-600 Watt PSU will work for you. The PSU will have a switch on the back to change the input voltage. According to google dubai is the same as most places so I'd leave it alone.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube