add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please look at my gaming build.

Dark3lement
  • 72 months ago

Still doubting some parts:

here is my list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/ndYNgs

was wondering to maybe replace the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card by a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card.

and replace the Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor by a Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor.

Is the cooling really neccesary or can i just go with the normal cooling?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm assuming this is a gaming-only build? No CG or anything.

If you're not going to be going for 1440p gaming I'd just go with the 770. But it really depends on what you're planning to do with your system.

The i7 isn't going to give much a performance gain over the i5. Especially if you're over-clocking.

"is the cooling neccesary?" If you're going to be getting an unlocked chip then yes absolutely. It's also important you overclock said chip. Otherwise you're just wasting your money. Overclocking is one way to get the most bang-for-your-buck.

On a personal note I'd change out the ram to one with a heat spreader and a CAS 9, it's not that much more expensive. Mostly because you're going to have a window on your case more than any performance/stability gain.

Hope this helps.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thx for the build, why did u take the gigabyte motherboard is it that much better then the msi one?

is it better to have 8g Ram at 1866 instead of 16g or is 16g unneccesary?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube