add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

mother board recommendations

--michael--
  • 72 months ago

im trying to build a computer but having trouble deciding what motherboard to use. currently i am looking at the asus sabertooth, but the price is a little high. i plan to use the i7 6-core and a geforce 780 ti. my only other request is that it be somewhat future proof when it gets an upgrade down the road. so, any recommendations?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

You noted a 6 core so I am assuming you are looking at X79?

Are you taking advantage of the cores and the cache and PCIe lanes? If not then you may want to consider Z97.

As you are considering a 780Ti it looks like you are focusing on a gaming oriented system?

My intial recommendations would be the MAXIMUS VII HERO or Z97-PRO. Both outstanding boards in regards to their features, functionality and quality. As you like the TUF you could also consider the SABERTOOTH Z97.

Hope this helps and best of luck with the build.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

my bad, i was refering to the X79.

cores and cache: afraid im lost

i am building a gamer build to play and also build games

i was looking at the maximus VII HERO and very intersted in the TUF as the case im using has a window.

thanks for the help :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube