add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

<$600 Budget PC for little brother

Cmontes
  • 72 months ago
  • CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $110.00)
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
  • Motherboard: Asus A88X-PRO ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($97.00)
  • Memory: AMD R9 Gamer Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory (Purchased For $110.00)
  • Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
  • Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $50.00)
  • item 7 Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $60.00)
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (Purchased For $0.00) Total: $536.97

Goal: Most bang for buck.

Late birthday present for brother who turned 13. Pretty solid system in my opinion for him to play with and develop his own computer curiosity.

Will be overclocking a bit just to experiment with the performance. HDD will come later.

Opinions?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It just occurred to me that most of your parts are already purchased, and you are missing a dedicated gpu. Is your brother only going to play non-gpu intensive games like minecraft, and Garry's mod? Or is he going to play games like battlefield 4 and watch dogs? If so then he will most likely need a dedicated gpu. I'd recommend an r7 265, r9 270, or a 270x. Also, have you already owned the parts that are purchases for awhile now, and are just buying new parts to complete the build?

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

He's got an APU in it, dedicated graphics are not needed as the APU's actually have pretty good integrated graphics.

As for the list, looks solid to me, would for sure be enjoyed. Love my apu system lol

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya I know it's an apu. However, If his brother is going to play graphically intensive games like battlefield 4 on good settings, then he's going to need something slightly better then integrated graphics, if he doesn't really care about settings in a game then ya, everything seems fine.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, definitely doesn't need a dedicated GPU. I'll get him the R7 260x as soon as they fix the artifact problem that's occurring with all systems. (He gets the nice cheap system. =D)

He's really only going to be playing Diablo 3 with me. Maybe a few others. Again, he's only 13 so this is his entry level PC so he can experiment with whether he enjoys computers or not.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok ok, I understand. Well if that's it then everything your getting seems fine

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

My brothers a quiet one. He'll sit and enjoy playing a game all day long. To add to that, his voice is deeper than mine. I refuse to spend money on a console. Considering he won't be playing any of the ridiculous games, very unlikely he'll be one of the annoying kids on the Internet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube