add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheap but Strong Computer part list?

tntuser2002
  • 72 months ago

With some input from some friends who have already build many high-end but cheap computers, I brought together this part list.

The list

I want a computer that can do advanced 3d things like render and use advanced lighting without it lagging a lot. With this capability, it should be able to play decent games at a decent frame rate. I am questioning the hard drive's speed but the storage,as long as its above 120, is fine. Another question, is my build 64 or 32 bit? How can you tell?

Thanks.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Replace R7 260X with R9 270, same price.

64 bit because all modern CPU's are.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Go to Win7 home premium. The professional version has a few business helpers but nothing that is worth the extra $30 to me.

X2 on the build being 64 bit, same reason

You shouldnt need liquid cooling because the CPU already includes a cooler.

I hope that you realize you dont have a hard drive. thats an SSD. Very fast, faster than any HDD would hope to be. Many people pair a large hard drive with a smaller SSD to put the most accessed files on the SSD for blazing speed, but more uncommon things on the HDD to save space on the SSD.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BLJWBm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube