add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
NobleElite
  • 72 months ago

Okay so I tweaked my build just a little, got rid of the SSD since I needed to lower the budget and i dont exactly need the SSD for now.

Any tweaks I should add to the build? I am a little concerned over the Liquid cooler since I haven't used one before.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

post link to build.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow sorry i completely forgot, was side tracked that was so bad lol(somebody had to do it :D).

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/NobleElite/saved/znCD4D

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You have to find room in the budget for an SSD. Just buy an entry level 128GB for cheap money. You are crazy to build a comp today without one.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Why an SSD what's the positives of having an SSD for a gaming pc?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Makes load times on games much faster, by much faster I mean as much as 80% faster for some games. This is huge. Personally I play D3 on Hardcore, if i load into a zone with a normal HDD, normally I'm already dead before the screen is finished loading. Once I switched to SSD, super fast loads. Also you throw your OS on it, super fast boot times which is always fun!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh i see, that would help with my load times! Is an SSD complicated to put into the build and same for the OS?

What SSD should i go for can you recommend one to me, im noobie at SSD's >.>.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

literally exactly the same as a hard drive. and sure can here you go!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te120bw

So basically you just install your OS on this as you would normally install it on a hard drive. Then you throw your games onto it. Put everything else on your other hard drive.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgot to mention my budget is £800! is there a cheaper one?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You can overclock now or in the future, and if so you will want a better cooler.

Let's say you overclock to the average, you would need a program to measure the increase in performance. Where an SSD is something you will notice all of the time. You'll see.

You can save money on that SSD. A Samsung Evo is less, then Crucial M500 the Kingston 300. All much less than a Samsung Pro. and when comparing SSDs you need a program to measure the difference.

The memory looks like another place you can save, but I'm a Yank and don't know your exchange rate and parts availability.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you happen to know the best value for money with an SSD for the performance?

I really have no clue with an SSD.. :/

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I downgraded the SSD from Samsung Pro to a Samsung Evo and added a Evo 212 for oc in the future!

And I don't think im changing the memory unless it performs much better and is either cheaper or within a £10 margin :D

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Why exactly would you need an aftermarket cooler for this? Just because he has a Z series does not mean he will be overclocking. I would lean towards the fact he won't be overclocking

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Then why would you go along with him having a board and Processor that overclock?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

so in the future if he feels the need he can. Most people do after they get everything figured out. It doesn't cost much more than not having the feature anyway's. If you want to overclock in the future, and don't have the board or the chip for it your screwed. If you don't have the cooler for it. It's 30$, easily fixed.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I can agree on that. Just wondering where your coming from.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

yea, I'm just talking from experience with my first build, right away, I was so overwhelmed with parts I had no interest or time to overlock. But as I figured everything out I eventually wanted more and was glad I bought the boards that could. I guess that's where I'm coming from...?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

That's right I won't be overclocking It's a little too unstable as far as I know. But I would like to overclock in the future like you guys are commenting about!

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol you are probably right. But he's on a tight budget and if you knew that he was a new builder, you would also know he has no idea how to overlock. Hence my reason for not adding a cooler. Sorry if it came off in a contentious way.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube