add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which R7 760X goes best with an AMD FX-6300?

SuJ3aLi
  • 72 months ago

I've been told to get this chipset or an R9 770X, but no one has mentioned from which manufacturer. This in turn led to an incorrect purchase. So! Which R7 760X or R9 770X should I get? My budget is pretty limited, so the cheaper the better (for my wallet).

Also, I'm aware that I already posted this in another topic but I really need some advice.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

I think you've got some names messed up. Are you talking about motherboard chipsets, AMD GPU chips, or nVidia chips?

The FX-6300 CPU can be paired with a motherboard sporting the 760 chipset (or any other AM3+ chipset up to the 990X), and it could then also have an AMD R7 260X GPU or an nVidia GTX 760 or 770 paired to it.

So keeping that in mind, what is your question again?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This is in regards to the gpu. Thanks for the response!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The 770 is the best of the 3 GPUs mentioned, the others being the 760 and the 260X. The 260X is the cheapest of the 3 and can run Mantle, while the 760 occupies a nice middle ground between the two other cards and can work in SLI mode very well when paired with another 760. Which one you choose will really depend on your gaming needs and the price you'd be willing to pay.

The major manufacturers of these cards (EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, XFX, AMD, NVIDIA) are all great manufacturers to purchase from. Several other manufacturers are also probably very safe to buy from, although in my mind they don't have quite the track record of the prior names mentioned (HIS, Powercolor, PNY, Zotac, Sapphire, VisionTek). The others I try to avoid, as I just don't know enough about them.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! I'll probably buy one from either Sapphire, MSI, or HIS. The last one I got was from Gigabyte but it ended up being DOA. Going to see if I can get a refund or something but I'm not crossing my fingers.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

well, that's unusual. Are you SURE it was DOA?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Semi-positive. It could of been something I did since I'm new at this computer building stuff, but it simply didn't work. Plugged in the HDMI; tried the DVI, and all I got was zilch. :\

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

Did you try plugging in the extra power cables to the card? It needs to be connected to more than the motherboard, if you're using one of the three cards listed above.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

whats is wrong with this one

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9270xgaming2g

btw there is no R9 770

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube