add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on build for friend

Adreyu
  • 72 months ago

So my friend asked me to build him a computer with a budget of 2500 for him. He's using it for School (as a game programmer) and for gaming and he is dead set on 3 monitors. so i gave him what i considered the best hardware for his budget. the monitors dont really matter so much they just need to put out 1080p and be cheap. and he also specifically wanted air cooling. if anybody has any better options for any of the parts though id like to hear it, thanks :)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/XVc4Bm

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Your wasting cash on the over priced wifi card. Could save a few bucks there on a Rosewill, tp-link, or trend net card among others.

You'll get much better performance and more vram from a 290x gpu. It's going to be very noticeable in games and if doing high detail 3d rendering when he is designing his games.

If he is over clocking, I'd honestly ditch that Evo cooler and get the noctua d-14. It's an air cooler that performs better than many closed loop liquid coolers and will provide plenty of over clocking potential with cool temps.

Might as well get the newer i7 for that z97 board. Prices are similar and potential is a little higher.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks :) ill keep that in mind. i dont think hes going to be overclocking so ill keep the cooler but the 290x is something ill look into and the wifi.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If they don't plan to over clock, there's no need for a k series cpu or an after market cooler

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thats true. ill just make sure hes not overclocking for sure and then downgrade it

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Better off just adding a good cooler in case they want to later... Its far more of a pain to have to buy a new cpu just to over clock

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube