add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Confused about the prices shown on PCPartsPicker as opposed to final price?

sanjsrik
  • 72 months ago

Hi,

So, been building/rebuilding and thanks to all of you nice folks, getting lots of advice. I priced out the following:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sanjsrik/saved/nNjJ7P

The total price shown for this setup on PCPartsPicker is (if bought from the various manufacturers):

Total: $973.21

So, I started parts at NewEgg, and thought, what about if I just buy all my parts at NewEgg, I was already there, thought, I'd just price it all out and add it to my cart. Final cost after only applying the instant discounts:

$961.92 (including the $10.99 shipping)

Now, what is interesting to me is that that is NOT having applied the following:

• AZZA Hurrican 2000R SAZ-2000R Black ----- $149.99 ----- $20.00 Mail-in Rebate
  • EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ----- $149.99 ----- $10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
  • CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 ----- $ 89.99 ----- $20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 ----- $189.99 -----$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

Which means another $70 off in rebates which by the time I'm done, will be:

$891.91

Is this correct? Did I mess up my calculations somewhere? I'm planning on buying this tonight, but I'm just curious if I had bought the components from say, Best Buy for the CPU they would have charged me tax as there's a store in NYC where I live on top of the price.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, but I'm sitting with my cart on my screen with all the parts I listed in my build list. None say out of stock or not available from NewEgg, which is why I'm confused. I have the:

• case from NewEgg in my cart
  • GPU from NewEgg in my cart
  • power supply from NewEgg in my cart

I'll be happy if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm sitting with the items I list on my parts list all in my NewEgg cart. I'm just confused as to how it's cheaper not including rebates yet?

I promise, not lying, I'm looking at the parts in my cart.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So, I went through it again. The motherboard has the later model which doesn't have a 10% discount OR a $20 rebate. Fine. The parts all priced out to $993.something (sorry forgot the change).

I must be doing something wrong. I may do this all over again.

weird.

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, mine came out to $1086.66 not including rebates.

I upped the motherboard to the later model to the:

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

which has no discount and no rebate. Meh, I figure why not.

So, that's that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube