add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What did I do wrong here

NoobMaker
  • 72 months ago

So what should I change in this build and if possible can I make it cost at least $1000-$1050. And be able to continuously upgrade it without replacing too many major parts like motherboard and GPU. I want to be able to only need to add more GPUs instead of replacing them. OH I FORGOT I am going to use this for video rendering and gaming. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NoobMaker/saved/qy7v6h

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What is it a gaming build?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's for gaming, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VDVDkL The R9 290 is faster than the GTX 760 significantly, equal, if not better than the GTX 780 in most games. You can change the GPU if you want to keep it within your budget. The PSU is enough for R9 290s in Crossfire for the future, and GTX 780's.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with this save for the power supply, seems a bit excessive to me. Even assuming an extra 100W for the CPU overclocking and 75 for gpu a 750w would be fine. But if the difference in price is negligible, then why not.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It will only reach up to 650w possibly with two R9 290s and an FX-8320. 750w is $10 so why not.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need 16GB for gaming.. but if you do need that, go ahead and change it back Here's something that you should consider. Upgraded the GPU and its at 1100

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I think when he said he doesn't want to replace the Mobo and GPU, he meant like in the future. I could be wrong though, he can definitely save in some areas though.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that's right. But I like ROG, so I kept the motherboard :P

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

ROG is definitely nice, but in a $1000-1050 budget, doesn't make too much sense, especially since he wants an SSD and parts that will allow him to upgrade his GPU easily.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, you're right. ROG doesn't make sense in such a budget.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Replacing a GPU is usually a better option than adding additional ones. The parts that should remain consistent the longest are CPU and motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube