add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build Ever! (Phantom the Computer)

WazzaGaming
  • 72 months ago

Well this is my first computer build (not yet bought) and i just wanted some opinions on if its good or if its not. Anyways i'll leave you the link, bye :)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/6tXH8d

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't planning to overclock, then the stock cpu cooler is sufficient. The cpu you choose is not a "k" version which means it is locked to overclocking.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

No im not planning to overclock (to dangerous >.<) so is the cpu cooler needed?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you want a limited function micro atx motherboard if your getting a full tower case? Those boards are space saving designs for smaller sized systems, and therefore they lack features that won't fit compared to a regular atx board. But the full tower case is as big as it gets for typical desktop systems. That case is giant compared to your board and is meant for tons of fans, drives, bugger graphics cards, liquid cooling, etc.

You might as well just get a full atx board so you don't have as few ports, pci slots, drive hookups, etc.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought some of your prices were really high at first too till I noticed it's Australian money... Kinda threw me off lol.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea i noticed it was a micro atx motherboard, any other motherboards that are msi and are around the same price. GD-65 maybe, thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The gd45 should be somewhere around there too, but I'm not sure and too lazy too check on my phone lol. It costs a bit less than the gd65 in the US though and is very close features wise

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube